This has been a rather long absence. Which is what happens when you keep finishing your 5gb of monthly internet (yes, ghastly, I know) within a week and get put off looking at everything because it takes too long to load.
Anyway, I stumbled upon some Popteen October scans and found most of it to be featuring the “otona rock” trend, including brands I usually wouldn’t expect to – like CecilMcBee… so I picked out some favorites. Several are from Ingni.
A lot of it was bordering on blogger style because a lot of “free shipping worldwide” online stores are moving into this look with the gazillion “rivets” items, which I tried to mostly leave out, but there are a few here that may fit the category. Not much sweet style this month.
Key points of 大人ロックギャル系!
Since it is otona (adult), everything is tame and not very punk-y at all, but adds rock elements to otherwise trendy fashion by injecting 1-3 of the following into a look, besides the shoes which should ALWAYS be there.
- Plaid/Check pattern
- Leather and PU
- Studs, aka *sigh* “rivets”
- Shoes make the look
Top to bottom, L-R:
- Casual and slouchy is always great! The studded clutch, long beanie and (my favorite) pretty boots give it a harder edge without actually making it edgy.
- Cat clothing everywhere! Not rock-ish, but that’s the point: it’s supposed to be more GAL with just a few rock elements to it. I just liked the cropped knit with a check shirt under.
- One of my favorites, though it’s similar to something worn by Christeric. I kinda like the red/burgundy with grey instead of black. Plus that the faded denim jacket is grey, refreshing change from all the usual blue.
- I don’t really love this that much, I only chose it because the blouse print reminds me of BtSSB’s Alice and the Looking Glass of time haha. Key: creepers and lace socks.
- So mode! I like the metal collar with the simple coordinate, but covered the shoes with because they were like leather-look UGG and I hate UGG. Also: nekomimi hairstyle ♥!
- #1 on my “most likely to wear…” because red plaid with peter pan collar and studded boots similar to DM’s (but they’re not)!!
- Saw a lot of berets in this issue. Studded riders jacket and leopard print with PU trim is self-explanatory.
- #2 on “most likely to wear” because red + black and the shoes are GODSEND. SERIOUSLY. THE SHOES!
- Sweet pastels with Dr. Martens. Something I already do kind of wear, haha.
- Mode/blogger again with the clothes themselves but was surprised that this is the only one with tattoo tights. Lip bag is the standout, and maybe the extra-tall creepers.