This is the cover of f(x) new album, PINOCCHIO. I’d be lying if I said I’d already heard it (punny? not really..) but as usual, I follow f(x) for the visual aspect because all their shoots and such are more creative than most girl groups. It’s my type of graphic design, the seemingly hand-cut collages making them look like paper dolls and handwritten scribbles everywhere – “cute” chaos.
- Amber has a cute smokey eye. It’s simple but visible and the type I would do everyday. STRETCHED EARS +1! & I think she looks much better with the platinum blonde.
- Krystal… BAMF! I love her makeup. Pink and gold, with false eyelashes on the top and bottom. The bottom falsies were a common theme for Pinocchio on all the members (except Amber) and I know it looks artistic and all but I wish they’d balanced it out with thicker top lashes especially Sulli‘s, it makes her look so dazed and her eyes look smaller and the facial expression doesn’t help either… Probably just a matter of personal taste.
- Victoria’s is an example of what I meant about the longer/thicker top lashes to balance out the bottom ones as well as a prominent liner wing. It’s fairly simple with the icy blue, reminds me a bit of ulzzang Pony until I realized they were two different colors – one blue and one pink! YES to non-matching eyes!
they’re all very bright. and print-clustered. but ALWAYS MATCHY-MATCHY WITH THE COLOURS. THERE IS NO COLOUR THAT HAS NO OTHER ITEM TO MATCH IT. SERIOUSLY.
- regardless of the excessive color blocking and the rather gaudy necklace, PINK STUDDED LEATHER JACKET is an excuse for me not to have to explain myself. IT IS AWESOME BEYOND WORDS.
- i like the jeans, spiked cuff and the doc martens but don’t really dig the top. but tbh, the first thing i noticed was SHE HAS BLUE EYEBROWS (wow at these stylists who strictly adhere to the matchy-matchy rule for EVERYTHING)
- nothing very unusual or great about it as a whole but i like the individual pieces a lot – specifically the red suede pumps, gold jacket and her tshirt.
- MORE MATCHY MATCHY JUST LOOK AT THE BLUE AND PINK BANGLES! XD I like the polka dot ted bow. Well I like this. And Victoria. /is biased
- More Victoria, I actually think this coord, although it isn’t bad and comes together nicely, doesn’t really fit with the theme… Kinda looks like a Spanish matador but I included it because I like the volume in her hair.
- This was also included because I liked the hair. Sorry.
Had to include this because I didn’t put in Krystal’s individual photo with that feather headdress pictured above (where I liked the zebra shoes. a lot.) even if it is on the album cover just so I can say that whoever added it to the shoot misheard Pinocchio as Pocahontas and explain the apt title of the post. Oh well XD